Tuesday 28 May 2013

Putty and Pageant public key auth not working anymore (win7 x64)

Putty and Pageant public key auth not working anymore (win7 x64)

I have always used putty and pageant together for passwordless authentification, It was working fine before I changed my public/private key.
Now it is not working on either of my servers (I have added the new public key there too)
I also changed the path where pageant binary is stored (now in the same folder than putty). I think some other pageant binary are also present on my machine, along some other apps like (tortoiseSVN), could it be the problem? Something in the registry?
I cleaned trusted keys.
I had ptman before (when it was working) but i removed it. Could it be related?
I have also checked my conf in putty which look like this:

But so far I haven(t been able to fix the problem, and I spent hours on google trying to find something...
Does anybody ever had a similar problem? Or a clue of why I have it?
I'd greatly appreciate any help.

No comments:

Post a Comment