Sunday 2 June 2013

Uninstalling Linux Partitions

Uninstalling Linux Partitions

My system has the option to boot up into three different OS's.
Windows 8
Linux PearOS 7
Linux Backtrack R5
The Windows 8 is installed on my C: drive and I'm perfectly content with that. Linux PearOS 7 is installed on my D: drive along with Linux Backtrack R5.

My D: drive in addition to holding my two Linux partitions also contains several hundred gigabytes of data that is not backed up, or stored anywhere else. I would like to uninstall my Linux PearOS 7 OS to retrieve the several gigabytes taken by it, (20 GB I think)

Is there any way that I can successfully keep my Linux Backtrack R5, Windows 8, and the data on my D: drive intact while removing the installed Linux PearOS 7 OS from the D: drive without having the removal touch any data on the D: drive.
-Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment